889 Posts
828 Posts
813 Posts
Main Forum

Missing graphics in single player 1.13.1

7 replies
Votes:
+288
So i've been playing 1.13.1 single player and have run into some issues. Like horses not rendering correctly. I see a head and some of the body but nothing else. I found a village and the iron bars and doors had these purple and black checker objects like it's missing the graphics. Anyone know if this is a common issue or how to fix it? It's kind of annoying to try to play with textures missing. :p

Edit: don't know if this helps but I noticed the torch effects are blue not yellow.

List if things i've done.

Rebooted system.
Used F3+T a few times to see if that was the issue.
Rebuilt the world in both 1.13.1 and 1.13.2 Seems find when I use 1.12.2
Also went ahead and updated my drivers to the latest just in case. Still the same issues.
Posted Apr 11, 19 · OP · Last edited Apr 12, 19 by Todd_river...
Votes:
+4
when i was playing 1.13.x i had issues also.
i had mobs vanishing in villages, but i was still getting hit by them. also getting lag every time i walked into a new chunk.
also missing textures here and there, as well as others things....
when i played the 1.14 snapshots, the issues were gone, and game ran smoother too.
Posted Fri at 10:12 pm
Votes:
+288
Hmm, Well i'm glad i'm not the only one. Most of that sounds exactly what I'm dealing with. I'll try the 1.14 snapshot. I hear is has foxes anyway. :)
Posted Sat at 11:23 am · OP
Votes:
+288
Well, I'm dumb. It helps if i'm not running an almost 2 year old texture pack when trying to run a new version of minecraft. So it's all fixed now. Thanks. :)
Posted Sat at 11:48 am · OP
Votes:
+535
Todd, I am aware you are capable and might know some of this already, so keep in mind I am also addressing the wider potential audience of others who may not know. (Edit: So I may address this a bit more broadly than whatever you specifically have seen. If not perfectly applicable to one situation, it may still be generally worth knowing.)

I had read that there were quite a few issues with textures in the 1.13.xx. release.
I saw a couple of things when dabbing in single player as well.

I mostly play on AWNW, and I knew AWNW could not update until the plugin developer community gets caught up on the code updates. So I did not spend much time on the 1.13 Aquatic release, other than to go play with the turtles, and check out the seaweed oceans.

What you observed is maybe / probably / almost certainly a code issue from 1.13.xx that was fixed in 1.14.

Yeah... Always good to update your resource pack after a major release, or go back to the default resource pack to check how it is supposed to look before doing other major troubleshooting. Catch 22, you have to keep the older resource pack to play 1.12 on AWNW, so be prepared to switch resource packs or find one that supports both versions equally well.

Keep in mind that your video settings can also affect this kind of thing.
Your graphics card driver may be forcing certain settings, such as anti-aliasing and an-isotropic filtering, which are usually application controlled. To check that, you can look in your graphic's control panel. If you use NVidia, it is in a section called "Manage 3D Settings". If you use Radeon, then I am not familiar with that off the top of my head, so you will have to look it up.

If you think those settings are affecting your game, you can try disabling them. Obviously, keep notes on anything you change so you can put it back when you are done testing.
WUGOUI1.png
Posted Sun at 01:08 pm · Last edited Sun at 15:01 by GulliverBF...
Votes:
+288
Most of that makes sense. Though the video settings makes no sense pertaining to my issue as there is no setting that would cause a small number of texture's to not load/look right while 99% of the others look perfectly fine. Anti-aliasing would have zero to do with the problem that was described above by both me and stevmjon

As for the code issue, That didn't seem to be the case as a texture pack update to one that supported 1.13.2 worked other then the horses issue. And this issue for me at least still persists in 1.14 which i'm using now (Note: Foxes are just too darn cute. The bloody snore when they sleep.)
Posted Sun at 01:27 pm · OP
Votes:
+22
I'm pretty sure it's related to texture packs.
At some point during the 1.13 snapshots, they recoded a lot of items.
Like stained glass could of gone from "minecraft:yellow_glass" to "Minecraft:glass_yellow".
Posted Mon at 11:06 am
Votes:
+288
That's possible. IT is odd like I said that I have Faithful 64 and only the horses seem to be borked. Maybe they just don't like Horses. :) Time for them to give me my Ridable Polar Bears.
Posted Mon at 01:38 pm · OP
NoticeNotices